Monday, February 04, 2008

Tell advertisers not to help human traffickers

I just was at a website and saw one too many ads for "Ukrainian girls."

So I decided to send Google a piece of my mind. I clicked on "Ads by Google" at the bottom of the page and then on "Send Google your thoughts on the site or the ads you just saw." A feedback form popped up, with a link to "Also Report a Violation" which allows you to comment on the ads.

Here is the comment I left:

Displaying ads for "girls" is tantamount to aiding the slave trade. The vast majority of these girls are trafficked and the criminals trafficking them are using you to legitimize their activities. These ads are highly offensive to those who understand this fact of life.

I plan to do that as often as I can whenever I come across such ads. Please join me. It only takes a minute and sends a very strong message.

No comments: