Monday, October 02, 2006

Yahoo a commercial pimp?

I moderate a list-serv on yahoo and just today noticed that one of the "sponsors" they put on this group's "free" web site looks for all the world like a human trafficking outfit.

Here's the ad:

Ukrainian Women - InterDating - InterDating - VIP Club. Luxury introduction tours to Kiev, Ukraine. Quality services for upscale men to meet Ukrainian women of exceptional beauty and intelligence.

Here's what I sent to Yahoo:

I strenuously object to this "sponsor" on my group's website.

I do not wish my list to be associated in any way with a company that solicits johns to sexually (ab)use women who are more than likely trafficked.


How you could possibly condone this??? Please remove them from my list-serv, and please assure me that yahoo is not a commercial pimp.

We'll see what kind of response I get.

UPDATE: Two days later, still no response from yahoo. Usually there's something. I'll send it again.

No comments: